Hamilton Loomis Concert
April 18 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm$15.00 – $25
Born and raised in Galveston, Texas, Loomis is the son of musician parents who listened to blues, rock and soul. Music ran in his veins and, with instruments readily available around the house, he picked up drums, piano, guitar and harmonica, honing his multi-instrumental talent in addition to performing regularly as part of his family’s doo-wop group.
“My parents had a fantastic record collection and, when I started writing, I gravitated towards what I’d been listening to all my life. I have a huge reverence for the blues and all it encompasses, but I’ve always been fond of R&B and funky music.”A protégé of Bo Diddley, Loomis met the icon backstage at the age of 16 at Houston’s famed venue Rockefeller’s. Before the night was over, Loomis was onstage playing guitar with the legend. Diddley quickly became friend, mentor, collaborator and supporter, appearing on two of Loomis’ albums and presenting a cherished red guitar that he still play Loomis and crew shine on stage proving his music is best experienced in person, where one can see and hear its intended splendor. Described by Blues Blast Magazine as “a non-stop turbo of power, one minute moving from side to side of the stage, and then taking on his horn player in a head-cutting contest on the apron of the stage the next minute.” Loomis’ energetic, get-in-with–the-crowd antics are infectious. The swaying and clapping are just as he envisioned.
- Gates open at 5pm
- Concert from 6-9pm
- No outside food, beverages, or pets permitted
- Food and wine are available for purchase
- **Ticket prices increase $5 at the gate**
- You will not receive an actual ticket, but a receipt for your order. WSV will have a list of all pre-purchased tickets on day of concert.
- Concerts will be held rain or shine. Tickets are non-refundable unless concert is moved indoors and we are unable to seat everyone.
- If you miss an event due to weather-related concerns, our standard cancellation policy noted above will apply.
- Kids 12 and under are free
Wild Stallion Vineyards Rain out Policy